Friday, April 19, 2013

Leather Earrings and Words on Perfection

Sometimes I feel that I'm not qualified to be a jewelry designer.  I usually don't follow the rules.  Actually, I'm not even sure that I know what the rules of jewelry are.  All I know, is that before I started selling jewelry I could never find any pieces that were just right for me. Now that I make my own, I wear it every single day.  Other pieces were always too big, or too small, or too much going on.  I'm a huge fan of simple things.  My mantra for this jewelry shop and everything I try to create follows something I've read that has stuck with me ever since: 
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."  
It is a struggle to keep clean lines and uncluttered ideas.  When you create, there is so much information at one time in your head.  Being able to edit things down to the one core idea takes a substantial amount of fortitude.  It's so easy to keep adding things to cover other mistakes or weaknesses.  But when there is less to observe, you appreciate what is really important and necessary.  And after all of that, I've created these leather earrings which are nothing like I've seen before.  They are hands down my favorite piece of jewelry yet and I can't wait to see what comes next.


 See these, and all of my other colored leather earrings HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment